This website (hereinafter the “Website“) is provided by EuroTelemedicine (hereinafter “us” or “we”).
Handling of personal data
In the following statement we wish to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our Website. Unless otherwise indicated in the following chapters, the legal basis for the handling of your personal data results from the fact that such handling is required to make available the functionalities of the Website requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union).
Using our Website
1. Accessing our Website
When you call up our Website, your browser will transfer certain data to our web server. This is done for technical reasons and required to make available to you the requested information. To facilitate your access to the Website, the following data are collected, briefly stored and used:
- IP address
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific site)
- Status of access/HTTP status code
- Transferred volume of data
- Website requesting access
- Browser, language settings, version of browser software operating system and surface
2. Moreover, to protect our legitimate interests, we will store such data for a limited period of time in order to be able to initiate a tracking of personal data in the event of actual or attempted unauthorized access to our servers (Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
3. Setting of cookies
What cookies do we use?
- We differentiate between two categories of cookies: (1) functional cookies, without which the functionality of our Website would be reduced, and (2) optional cookies used for website analysis and marketing purposes. The following tables contain a detailed description of the optional cookies we use: Optional Cookies
- Your cookies are transmitted automatically. If you wish not to share your cookies, please adjust the browser setting. You may also delete any cookies that are stored in your computer. To do so please refer to the manual of your browser.
- How to prevent the setting of cookies
4. Google Analytics
5. Use of contact forms
You can contact us directly via the contact forms available on our Website. In particular, you may provide us with the following information:
- Name, surname and title
- Contact data (e.g. e-mail address, phone number)
- other information
6. We collect, process and use the information provided by you via the contact forms exclusively for the processing of your specific request.
7. Subscription to our newsletter
On our Website, you may subscribe to receive our newsletter. Based on your prior consent, we will collect and use the email address you indicate for providing you with the newsletter (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
If you wish to receive a customized newsletter, you may, on a voluntary basis, provide us with the following additional information:
- Name and surname
- Media, Department
- City, Country
- Subject(s) of interest
8. For subscription to our newsletter we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. After you have subscribed to the newsletter on our Website, we will send you a message to the indicated email address asking for your confirmation. If you do not confirm your subscription, your subscription will automatically be deleted. In order to prevent any misuse of your personal data, we will log your subscription and confirmation, filing the IP address you use when subscribing, the time of your subscription and confirmation, the messages sent by us regarding your subscription, and the wording of your subscription and confirmation.
- You may at any time with future effect revoke your consent to receive our newsletter. To declare that you wish to unsubscribe, you may use the respective link included in all newsletters, or refer to the contacts indicated below.
9. External services or content on our Website
We include third-party services and/or content on our Website. When you use such third-party services or when third-party content is displayed, communication data are exchanged between you and the respective provider for technical reasons.
The respective provider of the services or content may also process your data for own additional purposes. To the best of our knowledge, we have configured the services and content of providers known to process data for own purposes in such a way that either any communication for other purposes than to present their services or content on our Website is blocked, or communication only takes place once you have actively opted to use the respective service. However, since we have no control over data collected and processed by third parties, we are not in a position to provide binding information regarding the scope and purpose of such processing of your data.
For further information regarding the scope and purpose of such collection and processing of your data, please consult the privacy statements of the providers whose services and/or content we include and who are responsible for the protection of your data in this context:
- YouTube (videos)
- Google Maps
10. Transfer of data for commissioned processing
For the processing of your data we will to some extent use specialized service contractors. Such service contractors are carefully selected and regularly monitored by us. Based on respective data processor agreements, they will only process personal data upon our instruction and strictly in accordance with our directives.
11. Processing of data outside the EU / the EEAYour data will in part also be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your data, e.g. by concluding specific agreements with our contractual partners (copy available on request).
Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact form or to our company data protection office indicated below.
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy please send us an email to GDPR@EuroTelemedicine.eu
Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published on our Website. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our Website. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit the site to keep yourself informed on possible updates.
Last updated: January 7th, 2019